- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
YouTube rewinds 2013 with a massive, star-studded mashup
Try to spot more than 50 cameos from YouTube’s biggest stars.
It’s been a long and strange year on YouTube.
The company had a lot to tackle in its annual Rewind video in a year where twerking made us forget about the Harlem Shake phenomenon and a simple question from a pair of Norwegian brothers distracted us from Psy’s massive followup to “Gangnam Style.”
Like with last year’s massive “Gangnam Style” mashup, Rewind 2013 is a who’s who of YouTube, with over 50 credited cameos and a rather catchy tune remixed with the biggest songs of the year (most notably “The Fox”) by mashup legend DJ Earworm.
It showcases some of the biggest viral stars of 2013 like Convos With My 2-year-old, the screaming goats we love and hate, how animals eat their food, and Prancercise, as they rewind the past year with the press of a button.
By pressing that rewind button, you’ll not only be reminded of the trends and memes you already forgot, you’ll also remember YouTube itself has changed—and not necessarily for the better.
And remember: If it looks fake, it probably is.
Photo via YouTube Spotlight/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.