- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
YouTube right now! “Henri le chat noir, love Anais Mittins”
Henri the cat’s got a suitor, and she’s not playing hard to get.
Henri the cat’s got a suitor, and she’s a saucy little minx.
Thanks to YouTuber Lizzi Reid and her giggly friend Adrian, the Internet can now delight itself with Anais Mittins, a lonesome, lovestruck kitten who spends her days betrothed in “literature, the study of human behavior, chemistry, phenomenology, and string theory.”
We quickly learn that Mittins’s plight is the product of her marriage, one that does as much to thwart her hopes and dreams as it does to mire her in boredom.
“I choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or toughness, who does not believe me to be naive or innocent,” she admits. “Who has the courage to treat me… like a queen. Alas, I still find myself spending time searching for you.”
You, of course, is Henri, one of YouTube’s most beloved felines, a tortured soul who knows not his purpose on this great, green Earth. Mittins wants nothing more than to be with him. She sleeps to dream of him.
“Only a kitten in love can see the greatness of a tom such as you, Henri,” she says.
Annais, nous pleurons pour vous.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.