- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
YouTube right now! “Henri le chat noir, love Anais Mittins”
Henri the cat’s got a suitor, and she’s not playing hard to get.
Henri the cat’s got a suitor, and she’s a saucy little minx.
Thanks to YouTuber Lizzi Reid and her giggly friend Adrian, the Internet can now delight itself with Anais Mittins, a lonesome, lovestruck kitten who spends her days betrothed in “literature, the study of human behavior, chemistry, phenomenology, and string theory.”
We quickly learn that Mittins’s plight is the product of her marriage, one that does as much to thwart her hopes and dreams as it does to mire her in boredom.
“I choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or toughness, who does not believe me to be naive or innocent,” she admits. “Who has the courage to treat me… like a queen. Alas, I still find myself spending time searching for you.”
You, of course, is Henri, one of YouTube’s most beloved felines, a tortured soul who knows not his purpose on this great, green Earth. Mittins wants nothing more than to be with him. She sleeps to dream of him.
“Only a kitten in love can see the greatness of a tom such as you, Henri,” she says.
Annais, nous pleurons pour vous.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.