- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
YouTube right now! “Henri le chat noir, love Anais Mittins”
Henri the cat’s got a suitor, and she’s not playing hard to get.
Henri the cat’s got a suitor, and she’s a saucy little minx.
Thanks to YouTuber Lizzi Reid and her giggly friend Adrian, the Internet can now delight itself with Anais Mittins, a lonesome, lovestruck kitten who spends her days betrothed in “literature, the study of human behavior, chemistry, phenomenology, and string theory.”
We quickly learn that Mittins’s plight is the product of her marriage, one that does as much to thwart her hopes and dreams as it does to mire her in boredom.
“I choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or toughness, who does not believe me to be naive or innocent,” she admits. “Who has the courage to treat me… like a queen. Alas, I still find myself spending time searching for you.”
You, of course, is Henri, one of YouTube’s most beloved felines, a tortured soul who knows not his purpose on this great, green Earth. Mittins wants nothing more than to be with him. She sleeps to dream of him.
“Only a kitten in love can see the greatness of a tom such as you, Henri,” she says.
Annais, nous pleurons pour vous.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.