- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
YouTube Guide: Gabby Douglass is a Golden Girl
Who knew the Wall Street Journal had a sense of humor?
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) The Wall Street Journal, “Homemade Highlights: Gabby Douglass is a Golden Girl”
I have to be honest, I simply had no idea that the Wall Street Journal had this sense of humor. The longstanding daily—known best for its coverage of, you know, Wall Street—is running a new YouTube series throughout the Olympics: Homemade Highlights, in which set designer Amy Taylor replays a memorable moment using stick figures and cutout faces. The most recent episode: WSJ’s coverage of Gabby Douglass and Michael Phelps.
2) Will Ferrell & Zach Galifinakis, “Will Ferrell & Zach Galifinakis Read ’50 Shades of Grey'”
This one’s pretty self-explanatory: two out of shape guys in their ‘30s uncomfortably read the summer’s steamiest sex novel. Says Will Ferrell after the fact: “The writing is exquisite.”
Dr. Ruth usually doesn’t comment on what politicians or celebrities are saying, but she made an exception with this curious case of Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte’s and his recent ascent into worldwide sex symbol. The takeaway quote: “Since he wears that cap made out of rubber, I hope that he puts a rubber on another part of his anatomy when he engages in sex with someone he doesn’t have a relationship with.”
4) Derek Barnes, “Assassin Stunt Chase: Derek Barnes’ Demo Reel”
What’s it take to be a stuntman fit for Hollywood? Derek Barnes says half a year of training, at least. The one-time rigger got inspired by his work helping put together this summer’s Total Recall and decided to try his hand. On Wednesday, he posted his demo reel.
5) Little Baby’s Ice Cream, “This is a Special Time”
The people at Little Baby’s believe that “ice cream is a feeling,” and we should celebrate accordingly. That does nothing to explain the motives behind this odd new campaign featuring an androgynous individual covered in vanilla. Hungry, anyone?
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.