- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
YouTube Guide: From the desk of Donald Trump
Check in on Trump Tower, Sweet Brown, and Boy Meets World‘s Rider Strong.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Donald Trump, “From the Desk of Donald Trump: The Dark Knight Rises”
Donald Trump went to see The Dark Knight Rises last night (Thank god!) and dude absolutely loves the cinematography. As far as he’s concerned, it’s shot in a way that simply wouldn’t have been possible three years ago. He’s also totally psyched about the fact that the Trump Tower plays a “prominent” role in the film. Then, the Donald’s off and talking about Anthony Weiner’s foils and Mitt Romney’s opportunities. All in a days work, Don.
2) Sweet Brown, “1800 2Sell-Homes”
Oklahoma City’s Sweet Brown became an Internet sensation in April when her use of the phrase “Ain’t nobody got time for that” made hearts melt across the country. Now, the sweetheart’s back, and the only thing she’s got time for is selling homes. Behold the hottest new craze in meme marketing.
3) Nick Barton, “Die Hard 1 to 4—Guns—Super Cut”
The premise for this one is simple: YouTuber Nick Barton has created a supercut of every single gun shot that happens in the first four Die Hard films. “Geronimo, Motherfucker.”
4) The Hood Internet, “Breaking Bad Theme Remix”
Thanks to the Chicago-based mashup duo, America’s biggest buzz show now has a theme song that could have been cut for the Hustle & Flow soundtrack. The accompanying gifs, provided by, Lacey Micallef’s lulinternet, are quite excellent as well.
5) Above Average Network, “Hooker Lawyer”
Boy Meets World‘s Rider Strong is back. And according to the Above Average Network writers Paul W. Downs and Lucia Aniello, he’s the face of a new USA Thursday night lineup that’s all about hookers and lawyers and hooker lawyers defending other hookers.
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.