- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally 8 Years Ago
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 8 Years Ago
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 8 Years Ago
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 8 Years Ago
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 8 Years Ago
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 8 Years Ago
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Today 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
Game on: Xbox hooks up with YouTube
A new app for Xbox allows gamers to check out YouTube reviews and cheats on their own big screens.
With a vast library of video game tutorials, prominent commentators, and fan-made videos, YouTube cemented its place as a go-to for gamers today—at least those that play Xbox.
YouTube now has an app on Xbox that allows users to browse the video-sharing network on the console. The app is intended to help gamers check out reviews, cheats, and walk-throughs, but also allows users to check out non-game-related content.
“We’re really excited to bring YouTube to the Xbox,” a Google representative told the Daily Dot. He was unable to comment on how the deal between Google (the parent company of YouTube) and Microsoft (the maker of the Xbox) “came together.”
Xbox users have taken to expressing their opinions on the app in the comment section of IGN’s video tutorial, as it was linked in the YouTube blog post. Like all things on YouTube, the comments were mixed and littered with trolls.
“holy shit, I got on Live last night and found YouTube, surprised and happy, then I find out today that yesterday was the first day of the YouTube app! ” commented RoninKageokami.
Many folks expressed how much they liked the new dashboard, with “sexy” being the most common adjective to describe it.
cashdoggplayer wasn’t as pleased, writing in a comment on the IGN video “I have it, it sucks. Super slow, only when EVERYTHING on screen has fully loaded then you can play a video. Needs work.”
“WTF? Fuck this! Selling my xbox on eBay” commented SEwalkman752 on the announcement video, with no other explanation.
Gamers needing help connecting their Xbox account with their YouTube account should check out this Google support thread.
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.