- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
AMC, make this teen girl’s dream come true—shoot her in the face
All 17-year-old Ciara wants is to get blasted in the head with a crossbow.
All 17-year-old Ciara wants is to get shot in the head.
The catch is, she wants to be decked in zombie makeup as an extra on The Walking Dead, and she wants Norman Reedus, one of the show’s main actors, to be holding the (prop) shotgun.
Ciara has launched a viral photo campaign on Twitter and Imgur, asking people to tweet #cleftstrong to help her fulfill her “one dream.” Ciara, who was born with a cleft abnormality, hopes the tweets will help grab the attention of The Walking Dead‘s producers, Reedus, and AMC, the show’s network.
“Oddly enough, this is not the first time I’ve told someone I hope they get a crossbow bolt in the head,” Unknowiac commented. “Good luck!”
On the show, Reedus plays Daryl Dixon, a zombie-killing fiend whose heart of gold and gruff demeanor has made him a fan favorite. On Reddit and other social media, The Walking Dead has developed a cult following; thousands of fans apply to be zombie extras before each season.
“At the beginning of each season, we have what we call ‘Zombie School,’ and what that does is give me an opportunity to audition anywhere from 150 to 200 extras,” special effects director Greg Nicotero told CNN. “I grade them on two criteria: look and performance. We have a visual aesthetic that is really important to the show and [to] the zombies, that they look thin and gaunt and emaciated.”
It’s not clear whether Ciara fits Nicotero’s zombie requirements. Her photo is a little fuzzy. But even if that’s the case, she says she’ll settle for any role at all. Sure, she’d like Reedus to be the one to pull the trigger, “but that’s optional.”
Hoping for an update, we reached out to Ciara, but she hasn’t responded.
Image via Facebook
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.