- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Saturday 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Saturday 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Saturday 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Saturday 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Saturday 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
The fan had “natural born prankster” scrawled on his torso, and that statement is somewhat true.
During Sunday’s World Cup final, one of the biggest plays wasn’t shown on camera. And it wasn’t actually part of the game.
During the second half, a fan ran onto the field. The camera cut away to a shot of the Christ the Redeemer statue. However, newly minted journalist LeBron James happened to catch the action in an Instagram video.
The fan had “natural born prankster” scrawled on his torso, and that statement is somewhat true. The Cup disrupter was none other than YouTube prank star Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, who is perhaps best known for his ill-advised bomb and zombie attack pranks.
Zdorovetskiy hinted at the stunt last night on Twitter.
See you guys tomorrow on Tv 😉 Germany vs Argentina
— Vitaly Zdorovetskiy (@Vitalyzdtv) July 12, 2014
He also attempted to get a smooch from Germany’s Benedikt Howedes before being tackled and hauled off the field, but Howedes gave him the gas face.
— Habiba Da Silva (@HabibaDaSilva) July 13, 2014
How will he ever top this prank?
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.