- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Vin Diesel shows off his vocal stylings of ‘Stay With Me’
It’s like if a giant thumb could sing gorgeous ballads.
Action star and sentient human thumb Vin Diesel is a man of many talents. Though his oeuvre might not suggest it, he’s an actor capable of emotional range that plumbs the depths of the human experience.
The Fast and Furious franchise staple first flexed his vocal muscles with a cover of Rihanna’s “Stay.” In the YouTube video turned arthouse film, Vin covers “Stay” in front of a projection of the music video while wishing everyone a happy Valentine’s Day in his deep baritone.
Enamored with his rich timbre, the public has begged for more, and that’s just what a British radio station has delivered. During a press junket for Guardians of the Galaxy, Diesel sat down with Capital FM and delivered a rendition of Sam Smith’s heartfelt ballad “Stay With Me,” after some light coaxing. What ensues is a cover imbued with such a booming bass that it will vibrate the tears right out of your eyes.
The dulcet tones were so touching they even made their way to the ears of Sam Smith himself.
Vin diesel just covered Stay With Me. Surreal. Thanks man haha
— SAM SMITH (@samsmithworld) July 30, 2014
Given Smith’s reaction to the cover, can we expect a perfectly paired tenor and baritone duet anytime soon? Let’s hope so.
Photo gageskidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.