- How to live stream the International Champions Cup 3 Years Ago
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
Vimeo announces its second helping of original programming
And it’s got some funny people.
BY SAM GUTELLE
Vimeo announced its first slate of original programming back in October, headlined by the comedy special Bianca Del Rio’s Rolodex of Hate, short film Darby Forever, and upcoming webseries The Outs (which will premiere on March 30). Now the online video platform that’s still a darling of the creative set has added to its originals library. Vimeo today announced a second round of original programming, including contributions from Jake and Amir, Garfunkel and Oates, and other notable content creators.
Jake and Amir, a comedy duo consisting of Jake Hurwitz and Amir Blumenfield, are best known for their work with CollegeHumor, and while much of that work has been distributed on YouTube, some of it has shown up on Vimeo as well. The duo’s upcoming series will be titled Lonely and Horny, and it will star Blumenfeld as a 30-something with sex on his mind. Lonely and Horny will serve as Jake and Amir’s triumphant return to the Web after a planned TV project fell through.
Joining Jake and Amir on the Vimeo slate is another comedy duo— Garfunkel and Oates, a.k.a. Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci. Lindhome and Micucci, who are known for their witty and occasionally vulgar comedy songs, will host Trying to be Special, a comedy special with a meta theme.
The third program within Vimeo’s second slate is Wizard Mode, a documentary set in the world of competitive pinball. The film’s producer, Salazar Film, is no stranger to Vimeo; in general, when setting its original content slate, the video site has favored creators who have utilized its platform in the past.
The final piece of Vimeo’s latest originals push is Toro y Moi: Live in Concert, a concert film starring the titular band.
“Vimeo is accelerating its commitment to deliver innovative programming from truly gifted creators to our audience of over 200 million viewers worldwide” said Sam Toles, head of global content acquisitions and distribution at Vimeo, in a press release. “We aim to surprise and captivate our global audience with content that is anything but ordinary. This diverse slate of comedy and music are the perfect additions to our critically acclaimed original programming efforts.”
Photo via pidey/deviantART (CC BY 3.0) | Remix by Fernando Alfonso III