- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Tyrese threatens to quit ‘Fast and Furious’ if The Rock is in Fast 9
‘I’m sorry to announce that if Dewayne is in Fast9, there will be no more Roman Pierce,’ Gibson wrote on Instagram.
A photo Gibson posted Wednesday on Instagram shows co-star Vin Diesel playfully wrapping his arm around his shoulder. A wide-eyed Johnson stands beside them.
Hello world.......... hello loyal fans and loved ones from OUR fast universe........ I’m sorry to announce that if Dewayne is in Fast9 there will no more Roman Peirce - You mess with family and my daughters survival I mess with yours......... close your eyes dude you’re a “Clown”...... #CandyAssBitchMade All my real one.... Men on integrity... my real ones out here stand UP...... folks that GP to the gym and get big naturally #NoJuice #NoOJ spin off huh? Spin off these nuts selfish champ...... pause notice who’s got his arms around my shoulder and who’s standing alone - #OurChildrenMatter
A post shared by TYRESE (@tyrese) on
“I’m sorry to announce that if Dewayne is in Fast 9 there will be no more Roman Peirce,” Gibson wrote, referring to his Fast and Furious character who has been part of the franchise since the second movie, released in 2003. “You mess with family and my daughter’s survival I mess with yours… close your eyes dude, you’re a ‘clown’.”
Gibson is in a legal battle with his ex-wife over custody of their 10-year-old daughter. He’s also under investigation for child abuse claims. Gibson’s ex-wife was granted an order of protection, so he’s prohibited from contacting his daughter.
All I wanna do is co/parent nothing else...... Please.... Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt...... I've only prayed that your heart heals and we live our lives separately and peacefully on behalf of our daughter...... There's someone out here for everybody - Norma I know you can see this, I'm sorry I got re-married, I'm sorry we didn't work out...... Sometimes you get married and have kids and things just don't work out, but I have NEVER wished harm on you....... But I see the attacks just won't stop so I believe this too will pass and God and the courts will reveal the truth..... I want you to know I still love you and wish you the best in all that you're looking to do... I just simply wanna co-parent and raise Shayla to be a respectful, decent, smart angel that I know she is... Paint your picture but God knows the truth...... if I was a bad dad I wouldn't of went from 80/20 to 70/30 to 60/40 to 50/50 custody in my favor...... All of the honorable fathers and parents out here keep fighting the good fight you may embarrassed at times but in the end the kids will always run into the arms of the ones who really has their backs in a great father not because I'm famous with money but because I am - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... More truths coming soon....... Child custody family issues are the worst.......
A post shared by TYRESE (@tyrese) on
This latest comment from Gibson comes after weeks of feuding between the two stars. Gibson was upset with Johnson for accepting a Fast and Furious spinoff movie that includes none of the original cast members. The spinoff also pushed back the release date of the ninth Fast and Furious installment by a year. Gibson said that has happened only once in the 16 years of the franchise—when Paul Walker died in November 2013.
Brianna Stone is a reporter and digital producer. Her work has been published by the Austin American-Statesman, the Daily Dot, and USA Today.