Oakley, who has more than 5.7 million YouTube subscribers, kicked off the “Tyler Oakley Slumber Party” in October with two stops in Chicago, Ill., and Royal Oak, Mich. On a set designed to look like his own apartment, Oakley told never-before-heard stories about his life, while wearing a theme-appropriate animal onesie. Those first two tour dates sold out almost immediately.
The seven new tour stops kick off Dec. 8 along the East Coast, starting at New York City’s Town Hall and hitting New Jersey, Rhode Island, Boston, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. Tickets range from $29 to $85, with the more expensive options including VIP perks like a guaranteed meet-and-greet with Oakley. According to Variety, Oakley is expected to expand his tour to as many as 40 additional cities in the U.S. and other countries.
Oakley’s tour is the latest in a growing trend of real-world tours featuring YouTube and Vine stars. DigiTour sold more than 100,000 tickets in 2014, while multichannel network Fullscreen launched its own branded event, INTOUR, earlier this fall.
Tickets for Oakley’s newest tour dates go on sale Nov. 5. Here’s the full list of stops and dates.
- Dec. 8, Town Hall in New York
- Dec. 9, State Theatre in New Brunswick, N.J.
- Dec. 10, Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Providence, R.I.
- Dec. 11, Colonial Theatre in Boston
- Dec. 12, Keswick Theatre in Glenside, Pa.
- Dec. 13, Carnegie Music Hall in Homestead, Pa.
- Dec. 14, Kalamazoo State Theatre in Kalamazoo, Mich.