- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
The Twin Peaks saga continues.
Over the weekend, director David Lynch told interviewer David Stratton that there were “complications” with the new reboot, which was announced last fall and scheduled to debut on Showtime in 2016. Back in January, Lynch tweeted out that original cast member Kyle MacLachlan would return to the show, but we didn’t have much more to go on than that. Lynch further worried fans this past weekend when he told an interviewer that he “hasn’t returned yet,” and that contract negotiations were still happening.
However, a source told EW that “Nothing is going on that’s any more than any preproduction process with David Lynch,” adding that “[e]verything is moving forward and everybody is crazy thrilled and excited.”
Showtime has also reportedly received Lynch’s scripts, but if the reboot is allegedly moving forward, hopefully it’s with Lynch in the director’s chair. A third season of Twin Peaks without Lynch is like cherry pie without coffee.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.