- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder, and Michael Cera included in ‘Twin Peaks’ cast
Some old faces, and a few new.
On Monday the cast for Showtime’s Twin Peaks revival was announced, and it’s like something out of a dream.
More than 200 names were revealed, including several returning cast members like Kyle MacLachlan, Catherine Coulson, Harry Dean Stanton, David Duchovny, Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie, and Julee Cruise.
More surprising, however, are the musicians and comedians set to appear, such as Trent Reznor and his wife Mariqueen, Sky Ferreira, Eddie Vedder, Sharon Van Etten, Josh Fadem, Stephanie Allynne, and Brett Gelman. Amanda Seyfried, Michael Cera, Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, and Ashley Judd are also reported to star.
The announcement of someone like Reznor isn’t really a surprise; he did the soundtrack for David Lynch’s Lost Highway and Lynch directed the video for Nine Inch Nails’s “Come Back Haunted.” But it’s still fun to wonder what role he, Van Etten, or Vedder or might play—or if the inclusion of actors from past Lynch movies (Dern, Watts) might make Twin Peaks an interconnected Lynch universe of sorts. Music has always been a huge part of his films, and Twin Peaks.
The production of the new Twin Peaks has been long and complicated. There were rumors that Lynch wasn’t attached, or that its future was uncertain. The casting announcement relates that filming has ended, though the series will actually debut in 2017, not this year. It’s also rumored that the show will stretch over two seasons, which might explain the 200-plus guest list.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.