- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ 3 Years Ago
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? 3 Years Ago
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder, and Michael Cera included in ‘Twin Peaks’ cast
Some old faces, and a few new.
On Monday the cast for Showtime’s Twin Peaks revival was announced, and it’s like something out of a dream.
More than 200 names were revealed, including several returning cast members like Kyle MacLachlan, Catherine Coulson, Harry Dean Stanton, David Duchovny, Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie, and Julee Cruise.
More surprising, however, are the musicians and comedians set to appear, such as Trent Reznor and his wife Mariqueen, Sky Ferreira, Eddie Vedder, Sharon Van Etten, Josh Fadem, Stephanie Allynne, and Brett Gelman. Amanda Seyfried, Michael Cera, Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, and Ashley Judd are also reported to star.
The announcement of someone like Reznor isn’t really a surprise; he did the soundtrack for David Lynch’s Lost Highway and Lynch directed the video for Nine Inch Nails’s “Come Back Haunted.” But it’s still fun to wonder what role he, Van Etten, or Vedder or might play—or if the inclusion of actors from past Lynch movies (Dern, Watts) might make Twin Peaks an interconnected Lynch universe of sorts. Music has always been a huge part of his films, and Twin Peaks.
The production of the new Twin Peaks has been long and complicated. There were rumors that Lynch wasn’t attached, or that its future was uncertain. The casting announcement relates that filming has ended, though the series will actually debut in 2017, not this year. It’s also rumored that the show will stretch over two seasons, which might explain the 200-plus guest list.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.