- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims 3 Years Ago
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder, and Michael Cera included in ‘Twin Peaks’ cast
Some old faces, and a few new.
On Monday the cast for Showtime’s Twin Peaks revival was announced, and it’s like something out of a dream.
More than 200 names were revealed, including several returning cast members like Kyle MacLachlan, Catherine Coulson, Harry Dean Stanton, David Duchovny, Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise, Grace Zabriskie, and Julee Cruise.
More surprising, however, are the musicians and comedians set to appear, such as Trent Reznor and his wife Mariqueen, Sky Ferreira, Eddie Vedder, Sharon Van Etten, Josh Fadem, Stephanie Allynne, and Brett Gelman. Amanda Seyfried, Michael Cera, Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Laura Dern, and Ashley Judd are also reported to star.
The announcement of someone like Reznor isn’t really a surprise; he did the soundtrack for David Lynch’s Lost Highway and Lynch directed the video for Nine Inch Nails’s “Come Back Haunted.” But it’s still fun to wonder what role he, Van Etten, or Vedder or might play—or if the inclusion of actors from past Lynch movies (Dern, Watts) might make Twin Peaks an interconnected Lynch universe of sorts. Music has always been a huge part of his films, and Twin Peaks.
The production of the new Twin Peaks has been long and complicated. There were rumors that Lynch wasn’t attached, or that its future was uncertain. The casting announcement relates that filming has ended, though the series will actually debut in 2017, not this year. It’s also rumored that the show will stretch over two seasons, which might explain the 200-plus guest list.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.