- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? 8 Years Ago
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
Get historical with Perez Hamilton
History doesn’t all have to be black and white. It also can be pink.
Are you tired of all the same boring celebrity news but love the look and feel of gossip sites like Perez Hilton?
Well, there’s a new Tumblr out there just for you. Especially if you love history.
Perez Hamilton is a new Tumblr blog that features gossip news from pre-Revolutionary War America. Like Perez Hilton, the posts are short, witty, and cover topics like the Jamestown fire, the death of Pocahontas, and Christopher Columbus’ discovery of the new world. The site also features the same color scheme, font, layout and poorly-altered images that have made PerezHilton.com infamous and unforgettable.
“Our boyfriend, Sir Walter Raleigh (who plans to colonize the New World), has been thrown into the notorious Tower of London for his alleged involvement in the plotting against King James I,” reads a post from Nov. 19. “Tsk tsk, we thought you were better than that. Get your act together, bb!.”
The blog is less than a week old and features an impressive 27 posts, although most have not collected any comments, reblogs or likes.
The Daily Dot has reached out to the creators of Perez Hamilton and Perez Hilton and is waiting to hear back.
But the creators of Perez Hamilton shouldn’t panic about the slow start. Clever historically-themed blogs and Twitter accounts have been all the rage recently. For example, a Twitter account called @realtimewwII, which updates its followers multiple time each day on WWII events both large and small as if it were 1939, has collected more than 137,000 followers in less than three months.
Image from Perez Hamilton
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.