- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 8 Years Ago
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Today 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
Get historical with Perez Hamilton
History doesn’t all have to be black and white. It also can be pink.
Are you tired of all the same boring celebrity news but love the look and feel of gossip sites like Perez Hilton?
Well, there’s a new Tumblr out there just for you. Especially if you love history.
Perez Hamilton is a new Tumblr blog that features gossip news from pre-Revolutionary War America. Like Perez Hilton, the posts are short, witty, and cover topics like the Jamestown fire, the death of Pocahontas, and Christopher Columbus’ discovery of the new world. The site also features the same color scheme, font, layout and poorly-altered images that have made PerezHilton.com infamous and unforgettable.
“Our boyfriend, Sir Walter Raleigh (who plans to colonize the New World), has been thrown into the notorious Tower of London for his alleged involvement in the plotting against King James I,” reads a post from Nov. 19. “Tsk tsk, we thought you were better than that. Get your act together, bb!.”
The blog is less than a week old and features an impressive 27 posts, although most have not collected any comments, reblogs or likes.
The Daily Dot has reached out to the creators of Perez Hamilton and Perez Hilton and is waiting to hear back.
But the creators of Perez Hamilton shouldn’t panic about the slow start. Clever historically-themed blogs and Twitter accounts have been all the rage recently. For example, a Twitter account called @realtimewwII, which updates its followers multiple time each day on WWII events both large and small as if it were 1939, has collected more than 137,000 followers in less than three months.
Image from Perez Hamilton
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.