- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Watch the trailer for ‘True Trans,’ Laura Jane Grace’s new webseries
The lead singer for punk band Against Me! is one of the most visible transgender women in the world.
Laura Jane Grace, lead singer of Against Me!, is one of the most visible transgender women in the world. Following the success of her band’s latest album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues, she’s now releasing a webseries called True Trans With Laura Jane Grace.
The 10-part documentary series will begin on National Coming Out Day, Oct. 10. Produced by AOL, True Trans sees Laura Jane Grace travel across the U.S., speaking with other transgender and genderqueer individuals about their experiences.
Grace told Time, “Getting the chance to listen to other people tell their stories of how life shaped their identities and views on gender couldn’t help but further inform my own understanding of just how complicated and also how simple all of it really is.”
The series also offers snapshots into Grace’s own life, including her relationship with her wife and daughter, and her work as a musician. Over the past two years she has been very careful about her public image as a high-profile transgender person, clearly aware that many fans see her as a role model and inspiration.
This new webseries seems like the next step in her evolution from musician to celebrity activist, with AOL describing True Trans as an effort to tell the stories of a community “whose experiences are woefully underrepresented and misunderstood in the media.”
Screencap via AOL
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor