- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
Watch the trailer for ‘True Trans,’ Laura Jane Grace’s new webseries
The lead singer for punk band Against Me! is one of the most visible transgender women in the world.
Laura Jane Grace, lead singer of Against Me!, is one of the most visible transgender women in the world. Following the success of her band’s latest album, Transgender Dysphoria Blues, she’s now releasing a webseries called True Trans With Laura Jane Grace.
The 10-part documentary series will begin on National Coming Out Day, Oct. 10. Produced by AOL, True Trans sees Laura Jane Grace travel across the U.S., speaking with other transgender and genderqueer individuals about their experiences.
Grace told Time, “Getting the chance to listen to other people tell their stories of how life shaped their identities and views on gender couldn’t help but further inform my own understanding of just how complicated and also how simple all of it really is.”
The series also offers snapshots into Grace’s own life, including her relationship with her wife and daughter, and her work as a musician. Over the past two years she has been very careful about her public image as a high-profile transgender person, clearly aware that many fans see her as a role model and inspiration.
This new webseries seems like the next step in her evolution from musician to celebrity activist, with AOL describing True Trans as an effort to tell the stories of a community “whose experiences are woefully underrepresented and misunderstood in the media.”
Screencap via AOL
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor