- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Troye Sivan postpones tour dates, but fans can still hear new song ‘Youth’
The tour is slated to continue in Europe next week.
Sivan announced the cancelations on his Tumblr, under the title “I am sad.”
Nothing could make me sadder than what I’m about to say. I’m really unwell and apparently, as I’ve been told by the 4 doctors I’ve seen in the last 24 hours, I have had acute laryngitis which has gotten much worse and now developed sinusitis, leaving me too sick to sing.
thank you everyone for being so nice, don’t know what I did to deserve you guys 💙💙💙
— Troye Sivan (@troyesivan) November 12, 2015
Sivan, who’d never been on tour before, said he’s been loving the chance to connect with his fans in person.
“It’s so cliched, but literally just like every nerve and every concern or worry or stress completely went away when I stepped out on stage,” Sivan told the Daily Dot after his first tour date in Seattle in October.
The tour is slated to continue in Europe next week, starting Nov. 19 in London. Sivan said he and his team are figuring out when they can reschedule the Perth and Sydney shows.
In the meantime, Sivan is appeasing fans by releasing a new track from his forthcoming Blue Neighbourhood album. “Youth” is playing on radio stations across the world today, and Sivan has slowly been previewing tracks both on tour and on his YouTube channel.
Blue Neighbourhood, an extension of his popular EP Wild, comes out Dec. 4.
Screengrab via Troye Sivan/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.