- ‘Watchmen’ delivers a surprisingly conventional superhero finale Sunday 10:11 PM
- Facebook ads are spreading misinformation about HIV Sunday 10:11 PM
- Military investigates students’ suspected white power hand signs at football game Sunday 9:41 PM
- North Carolina man allegedly stole $88K then posted it on Instagram Sunday 8:34 PM
- People are pissed a CGI influencer said she was sexually assaulted Sunday 4:56 PM
- BTS’ RM says he’s lost 33 AirPods Sunday 3:59 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘hyper-realistic’ cat cake is scaring fans Sunday 3:03 PM
- Nick Cannon is reportedly playing his Eminem diss track on repeat Sunday 1:20 PM
- College quarterback blasted by ex-girlfriend in savage AF breakup TikTok Sunday 12:27 PM
- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest Sunday 11:27 AM
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires Sunday 10:43 AM
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Sunday 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
Troye Sivan postpones tour dates, but fans can still hear new song ‘Youth’
The tour is slated to continue in Europe next week.
Sivan announced the cancelations on his Tumblr, under the title “I am sad.”
Nothing could make me sadder than what I’m about to say. I’m really unwell and apparently, as I’ve been told by the 4 doctors I’ve seen in the last 24 hours, I have had acute laryngitis which has gotten much worse and now developed sinusitis, leaving me too sick to sing.
thank you everyone for being so nice, don’t know what I did to deserve you guys 💙💙💙
— Troye Sivan (@troyesivan) November 12, 2015
Sivan, who’d never been on tour before, said he’s been loving the chance to connect with his fans in person.
“It’s so cliched, but literally just like every nerve and every concern or worry or stress completely went away when I stepped out on stage,” Sivan told the Daily Dot after his first tour date in Seattle in October.
The tour is slated to continue in Europe next week, starting Nov. 19 in London. Sivan said he and his team are figuring out when they can reschedule the Perth and Sydney shows.
In the meantime, Sivan is appeasing fans by releasing a new track from his forthcoming Blue Neighbourhood album. “Youth” is playing on radio stations across the world today, and Sivan has slowly been previewing tracks both on tour and on his YouTube channel.
Blue Neighbourhood, an extension of his popular EP Wild, comes out Dec. 4.
Screengrab via Troye Sivan/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.