- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True 4 Years Ago
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Today 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Today 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Today 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Today 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Today 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Today 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Today 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Today 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Today 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Today 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Today 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
Troye Sivan postpones tour dates, but fans can still hear new song ‘Youth’
The tour is slated to continue in Europe next week.
Sivan announced the cancelations on his Tumblr, under the title “I am sad.”
Nothing could make me sadder than what I’m about to say. I’m really unwell and apparently, as I’ve been told by the 4 doctors I’ve seen in the last 24 hours, I have had acute laryngitis which has gotten much worse and now developed sinusitis, leaving me too sick to sing.
thank you everyone for being so nice, don’t know what I did to deserve you guys 💙💙💙
— Troye Sivan (@troyesivan) November 12, 2015
Sivan, who’d never been on tour before, said he’s been loving the chance to connect with his fans in person.
“It’s so cliched, but literally just like every nerve and every concern or worry or stress completely went away when I stepped out on stage,” Sivan told the Daily Dot after his first tour date in Seattle in October.
The tour is slated to continue in Europe next week, starting Nov. 19 in London. Sivan said he and his team are figuring out when they can reschedule the Perth and Sydney shows.
In the meantime, Sivan is appeasing fans by releasing a new track from his forthcoming Blue Neighbourhood album. “Youth” is playing on radio stations across the world today, and Sivan has slowly been previewing tracks both on tour and on his YouTube channel.
Blue Neighbourhood, an extension of his popular EP Wild, comes out Dec. 4.
Screengrab via Troye Sivan/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.