- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
Netflix picks up 2 seasons of Tina Fey comedy ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’
Netflix is upping its comedy game.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the new show from Fey and Robert Carlock, and stars The Office‘s Ellie Kemper as woman starting life all over again after fleeing a cult, which sounds just delightful.
Much like the Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner comedy Difficult People, which was slated for USA Networks but landed on Hulu, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was eying an NBC midseason debut before it got picked up for a two-season order. Netflix also recently picked up two seasons of the new Judd Apatow comedy, Love.
The first season debuts in March.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.