- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ 4 Years Ago
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Today 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Today 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Today 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Today 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Today 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Today 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Today 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Today 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Today 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Today 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Today 11:32 AM
- Covington students defend blackface video as ‘school spirit’ Today 11:30 AM
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active Today 11:18 AM
- Dodie Clark hid a secret song in her videos Today 11:08 AM
3 tween sisters cover Metallica and it’s unforgiving carnage
If you like your heavy metal played by adorable children, we’ve got just the video for you.
Witness three Monterrey, Mexico-based girls (aged 14, 12, and 9)—who call themselves The Warning—cover the hell out of “Enter Sandman.”
Pretty good, right? While singer Daniela’s voice doesn’t have the grittiness of James Hetfield (nor does she have the cool microphone he uses), she kicks out a fairly faithful Kirk Hammett impression on the guitar solo. And make sure you pay attention to the “Now I lay me down to sleep” prayer at 3:26, because 12-year-old Paulina on drums and 9-year-old Alejandra on bass perform it rather impressively.
Check out the band’s official website where you can help fund a trip for the sisters to attend a summer program at the Berklee College of Music in Boston. And if you’re interested in more covers from The Warning, click on the band’s YouTube page, where it’s posted videos of the trio playing Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It” (which I think might actually be better than the Metallica cover), AC/DC’s “Back in Black,” and Katy Perry’s “Roar.”
All in all, we’re just thankful there’s no cover of “MMMBop” anywhere to be found.
H/T to HeavyMetal.com | Screengrab via The Warning/YouTube
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.