- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
‘7th Heaven’ star Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
“I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret.”
It’s been two months since a recording of former 7th Heaven star Stephen Collins confessing to inappropriately touching underage girls was released by his estranged wife. Now, the actor is coming clean.
In an essay written for People, he admits, “Forty years ago, I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret. I have been working to atone for it ever since.” In his confession, Collins says there were three victims between 1974 and 1994, adding, “I have not had an impulse to act out in any such way” since then.
Collins also says he apologized to one of the women he abused and she was “extraordinarily gracious.” However, he hasn’t reached out to the others. “After I learned in the course of my treatment that my being direct about such matters could actually make things worse for them by opening old wounds, I have not approached the other two women, one of whom is now in her 50s and the other in her 30s,” he writes.
Next, the actor will sit down with Katie Couric for an interview, which will be streamed on Yahoo! and air on the Dec. 20 episode of 20/20.
Photo via Louise Palanker/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)