- White House report interns include Steve Rodgers, Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, more 4 Years Ago
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year 4 Years Ago
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it Today 10:47 AM
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
‘7th Heaven’ star Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
“I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret.”
It’s been two months since a recording of former 7th Heaven star Stephen Collins confessing to inappropriately touching underage girls was released by his estranged wife. Now, the actor is coming clean.
In an essay written for People, he admits, “Forty years ago, I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret. I have been working to atone for it ever since.” In his confession, Collins says there were three victims between 1974 and 1994, adding, “I have not had an impulse to act out in any such way” since then.
Collins also says he apologized to one of the women he abused and she was “extraordinarily gracious.” However, he hasn’t reached out to the others. “After I learned in the course of my treatment that my being direct about such matters could actually make things worse for them by opening old wounds, I have not approached the other two women, one of whom is now in her 50s and the other in her 30s,” he writes.
Next, the actor will sit down with Katie Couric for an interview, which will be streamed on Yahoo! and air on the Dec. 20 episode of 20/20.
Photo via Louise Palanker/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)