- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
‘7th Heaven’ star Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
“I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret.”
It’s been two months since a recording of former 7th Heaven star Stephen Collins confessing to inappropriately touching underage girls was released by his estranged wife. Now, the actor is coming clean.
In an essay written for People, he admits, “Forty years ago, I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret. I have been working to atone for it ever since.” In his confession, Collins says there were three victims between 1974 and 1994, adding, “I have not had an impulse to act out in any such way” since then.
Collins also says he apologized to one of the women he abused and she was “extraordinarily gracious.” However, he hasn’t reached out to the others. “After I learned in the course of my treatment that my being direct about such matters could actually make things worse for them by opening old wounds, I have not approached the other two women, one of whom is now in her 50s and the other in her 30s,” he writes.
Next, the actor will sit down with Katie Couric for an interview, which will be streamed on Yahoo! and air on the Dec. 20 episode of 20/20.
Photo via Louise Palanker/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)