- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 4 Years Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review 4 Years Ago
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
J.J. Abrams revealed last month that Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy, recorded a line for the scene that launched a thousand theories. You can hear him toward the end of Rey‘s vision, triggered by Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber. As McGregor told Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night, it was a team effort.
McGregor, who expressed interest in returning to Star Wars if there were an Obi-Wan movie set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, said he’d been waiting for the call from Abrams for two years. When he went in to record the dialog, he even got to see some of the film before anyone else.
“The line is, ‘Rey, these are your first steps,’” McGregor explained. “But they got Alec Guinness to do ‘Rey,’ which is extraordinary because he’s not alive anymore. They got a line of him as Obi-Wan Kenobi saying ‘afraid’ and cut the ‘A’ and the ‘D’ off. So Alec Guinness is saying ‘Rey,’ and I’m saying ‘These are your first steps.’”
Screengrab via Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.