- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ is the newest clapback for instant regret Tuesday 6:42 PM
- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird Tuesday 6:04 PM
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? Tuesday 5:16 PM
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Tuesday 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Tuesday 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Tuesday 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Tuesday 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Tuesday 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Tuesday 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Tuesday 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Tuesday 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Tuesday 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Tuesday 9:58 AM
Will you sign this petition to get Snoop Dogg to narrate ‘Planet Earth’?
Make ‘Plizzanet Earth’ a reality.
Who doesn’t love nature shows? The beauty, the violence, the drama. Shows like Planet Earth can be a great way to wind down from a long day— letting the serene splendor of our world wash over you and erase the various annoyances and idiotic banter you’re subjected to daily at work. There’s only one problem: Sometimes you’re not in it to learn all these facts and data about our amazing world.
Sometimes you just want to sit back, look at some nature, and go, “The fuck?”
That’s exactly the thinking behind a recent Change.org petition asking that rapper, entrepreneur, and poet warrior Snoop Dogg take over as the official narrator of an entire season of BBC show Planet Earth, or, as the recurring segment on Jimmy Kimmel Live dubs it, Plizzanet Earth.
Because sometimes you don’t want to know the gestation period of an average tree frog. Sometimes, you don’t even want to know it’s a tree frog. Sometimes you just want to see a bunch of little brown meerkats or beavers or whatever fight an alligator or something, and feel like the narrator is as fucking surprised as you are.
BECAUSE NATURE IS INSANE. And it’s time we had a world-class nature show host who recognizes that.
As of Saturday, the petition had more than 34,000 signatures, and only needs 35,000 to reach its goal. We can only hope that serious waves are being made in the cut-throat world of nature show production.