- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Will you sign this petition to get Snoop Dogg to narrate ‘Planet Earth’?
Make ‘Plizzanet Earth’ a reality.
Who doesn’t love nature shows? The beauty, the violence, the drama. Shows like Planet Earth can be a great way to wind down from a long day— letting the serene splendor of our world wash over you and erase the various annoyances and idiotic banter you’re subjected to daily at work. There’s only one problem: Sometimes you’re not in it to learn all these facts and data about our amazing world.
Sometimes you just want to sit back, look at some nature, and go, “The fuck?”
That’s exactly the thinking behind a recent Change.org petition asking that rapper, entrepreneur, and poet warrior Snoop Dogg take over as the official narrator of an entire season of BBC show Planet Earth, or, as the recurring segment on Jimmy Kimmel Live dubs it, Plizzanet Earth.
Because sometimes you don’t want to know the gestation period of an average tree frog. Sometimes, you don’t even want to know it’s a tree frog. Sometimes you just want to see a bunch of little brown meerkats or beavers or whatever fight an alligator or something, and feel like the narrator is as fucking surprised as you are.
BECAUSE NATURE IS INSANE. And it’s time we had a world-class nature show host who recognizes that.
As of Saturday, the petition had more than 34,000 signatures, and only needs 35,000 to reach its goal. We can only hope that serious waves are being made in the cut-throat world of nature show production.