- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate 2 Years Ago
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
In an interview with Extra this week, Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed that a third movie had been greenlit at one point, but it ultimately got canned. “It’s over. We’re not doing it,” she said Thursday. “I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story. It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”
The clamoring hadn’t been that loud prior to the interview, but now that fans knew a third film might have happened, they couldn’t help but wonder: What’s the holdup? Enter Kim Cattrall, a.k.a. Samantha, with the tea.
The actor tweeted early Friday morning, revealing the real reason the project is shelved: She simply doesn’t want to do another SATC movie.
“Woke 2 a @MailOnline [sh*t]storm!” Cattrall tweeted. “The only ‘DEMAND’ I ever made was that I didn’t want to do a 3rd film…& that was back in 2016.”
Woke 2 a @MailOnline 💩storm! The only 'DEMAND' I ever made was that I didn't want to do a 3rd film....& that was back in 2016— Kim Cattrall (@KimCattrall) September 29, 2017
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same pic.twitter.com/bKf2Py1eBF— Lauren Duca (@laurenduca) September 29, 2017
So there you have it, folks: SJP really want to make a third movie and Cattrall doesn’t. Showbiz!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.