- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Kim Cattrall says she’s the reason ‘Sex and the City 3’ isn’t happening
In an interview with Extra this week, Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed that a third movie had been greenlit at one point, but it ultimately got canned. “It’s over. We’re not doing it,” she said Thursday. “I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story. It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”
The clamoring hadn’t been that loud prior to the interview, but now that fans knew a third film might have happened, they couldn’t help but wonder: What’s the holdup? Enter Kim Cattrall, a.k.a. Samantha, with the tea.
The actor tweeted early Friday morning, revealing the real reason the project is shelved: She simply doesn’t want to do another SATC movie.
“Woke 2 a @MailOnline [sh*t]storm!” Cattrall tweeted. “The only ‘DEMAND’ I ever made was that I didn’t want to do a 3rd film…& that was back in 2016.”
Woke 2 a @MailOnline 💩storm! The only 'DEMAND' I ever made was that I didn't want to do a 3rd film….& that was back in 2016
— Kim Cattrall (@KimCattrall) September 29, 2017
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same pic.twitter.com/bKf2Py1eBF
— Lauren Duca (@laurenduca) September 29, 2017
So there you have it, folks: SJP really want to make a third movie and Cattrall doesn’t. Showbiz!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.