- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
Seth MacFarlane and Jessica Szohr hit the stage for a Sinatra cover
But this isn’t the first time MacFarlane sang Sinatra somewhere other than in his shower.
A famous guy walks in to a bar and sings a Frank Sinatra standard.
Writer/actor/comedian, love him or hate him Seth MacFarlane showed up at a piano bar in Milwaukee, took to the stage and belted out “Luck Be a Lady.” Needless to say, the performance included quite a bit of improv.
Lucille’s Piano Bar & Grill was the scene on Nov. 1, and a video showed up on the establishment’s Facebook page two days later. TMZ reports that McFarlane was with a group of friends at Milwaukee’s best-known dueling piano bar for several hours and spent a thousand dollars on food and drink. Appearing on stage with the creator of Family Guy, the film Ted (with sequel in the works), and other projects was Jessica Szohr, star of Gossip Girl.
Those lucky enough to see the impromptu act in person took to Twitter to share their delight. In fact, one person tweeted out an alert when MacFarlane was mid-song.
— Kat Christine (@thekatchristine) November 2, 2014
Thanks to @SethMacFarlane for stopping into Lucille’s in Milwaukee and making my night. What an amazing talent to play along side of…
— Andy Schneider (@MKEAndy) November 2, 2014
As TMZ pointed out, this is not the first time MacFarlane sang Sinatra somewhere other than in his shower. In 2006 in Family Guy guise, Stewie and Brian sang “When We Swing” with a full (animated) orchestra.
There is no mention of the appearance of a talking teddy bear on stage with the comedian. Next time, if he shows up with Ted, let us all know in advance. That would be something.
Allen Weiner has been a market research analyst in the area of new media and technology since 1994. He’s worked as writer, publisher and newspaper executive. He is the co-founder and publisher of Kombucha Network and the former managing vice president of Gartner.