- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Today 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Today 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
‘The Walking Dead’ stumbles into ‘The Wire’ and ‘Breaking Bad’
Another Wire alum gets called into the zombie apocalypse, while Rick Grimes is forced to do battle with Heisenberg.
With filming for The Walking Dead’s fifth season under way, there’s still plenty of updates to keep the audience of a TV show on hiatus happy.
Deadline announced Monday that The Wire’s Seth Gilliam is joining the cast as a series regular in the upcoming season. The show bumped actors Andrew J. West, Alanna Masterson, and Christian Serratos up to series regulars in March, but this is the first new casting announcement for the show this season.
With the anticipation higher than ever, not much is known about Gilliam’s character. He’s listed as playing Michael Todd (not his real name), a man with a “friendly, puckish humor,” who is also haunted by a dark secret, Deadline reports. It’s possible that the character was created solely for the show, as was the case with Daryl Dixon, but many fans are speculating that Gilliam is actually playing Father Gabriel (or Father Gabriel combined with another character), a preacher who first encounters Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead comics after leaving his church in the aftermath of losing the Prison.
Gilliam is also the third Wire alum cast for the zombie apocalypse show; Chad L. Coleman and Lawrence Gilliard Jr. are already on The Walking Dead. We’re already on board with The Wire’s takeover of the zombie apocalypse.
And after taking a hiatus of their own, Epic Rap Battles of History has returned for a new season of vocal smackdowns—the first involving two of AMC’s more complicated protagonists.
Rick Grimes is pitted against Walter White, and while both of them have done their fair share of killing and other atrocities, they took time to step away and bring the other down even further.
H/T Deadline | Photo via ERB/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.