- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
Cookie Monster can’t withstand the force of cookies in this ‘Star Wars’ parody
A long time ago, in a cookies and milky way galaxy far, far, away…
A long time ago, in a cookies and milky way galaxy far, far, away, a young rebel named Flan Solo seeks counsel on his enduring desire to eat his flying partner, Chewie the Cookie.
Sound weird—and delicious? We should mention that Flan Solo is Cookie Monster, the most famous consumer of circular baked treats in the universe.
Thanks to the Sesame Street YouTube page, the world is being treated to a mashup between the ever-popular children’s show and the longstanding sci-fi franchise, set to release its seventh episode next December. In the five-minute clip, Luke Piewalker and Flan Solo set forth across the galaxy in an effort to solve Solo’s cravings and eventually save the Princess Parfaita, held captive by the Galactic Empire.
They run into a great array of Sesame Street characters along the way, including the notorious Darth Baker, a charismatic evil leader with a skillet on his chest.
It’s fun, and something you could get used to. With 15 more months until Star Wars: Episode VII’s premiere, it’s safe to assume these clips are only going to surface more often.
Photo via Sesame Street/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.