- Popular dating app Growlr just suspended its users 5 Years Ago
- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
The Wachowskis lay it all on the line with 8 ‘Sense8’ character trailers
We’re so hyped.
We’re so hyped for the Wachowskis’ upcoming Netflix series Sense8 that we didn’t think anything could make us more excited, but the latest promo release of trailers for all of the titular eight characters have proven us wrong.
Just check out this opening trailer in which we see a Korean office drone named Sun unloading some of her new superstrength on her coworkers:
As we learned from the first trailer, the notably multicultural show, which features Lost’s Naveen Andrews, focuses on a group of eight people across the world who discover they’ve become psychically linked. Think Orphan Black meets Heroes, but with more diversity.
If that sounds enticing, the rest is even better. The ensemble cast includes, per TV Line, “a closeted Mexican telenovela hunk, an Icelandic party girl, a German safe-cracker… an African bus driver and a transgender American blogger.” There’s also “Jonas, an apparently magic African-American who appears to all of the ‘visionaries,’ and his evil counterpart, Mr. Whispers.”
If all of that doesn’t sway you, these trailers will.
Sense8 lands on Netflix on June 5, which is a week longer than we are prepared to wait for this awesomeness. Bring on the Bollywood psychic genderqueer pansexual soulbonding, guys; we can’t wait.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.