- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Read Arnold Schwarzenegger’s handwritten birthday love letter to Reddit
Reddit gave Arnold Schwarzenegger the greatest birthday gift of all.
He’s won Mr. Olympia seven times, been the governor of California, married a Kennedy, and is one of the most recognizable actors of his generation.
So on Arnold Schwarzenegger’s birthday Tuesday, what on Earth could the social news site Reddit have given the 66-year-old to inspire him to take a pen in his massive hand and write this heartfelt letter?
Nothing, actually—except for a few kind words and best wishes from Reddit’s r/fitness community.
“Thanks for being the greatest lifting inspiration to so many young people,” zuko_for_firelord commented. “Keep being the great man you are.”
This is the greatness of Schwarzenegger, who has become one of the most beloved and involved r/fitness community members.
Under his official Reddit account, u/GovSchwarzenegger, Ahnold has dropped in on r/fitness to discuss dieting tips and how to motivate yourself to work out. Two months ago, he confirmed a story in r/TIL (“today I learned”) about a dinner he had with Andre the Giant in 1983. When Schwarzenegger tried to pay for the meal, Andre lifted the former Mr. Universe like a baby and placed him back in his seat.
On July 11 Schwarzenegger popped into r/fitness once again to fire back against haters criticizing a cardio routine featured on schwarzenegger.com.
In celebration of Schwarzenegger’s birthday, redditor jonthrei shared this touching story of when his dad met the Terminator.
Photo by Gage Skidmore/Flickr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.