- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
We know you were jonesing for another Ryan Gosling Tumblr. Like biostatics? Hey girl, this one is for you.
Hey girl, there’s a Ryan Gosling for each and every one of your hobbies. Which Gosblr is your favorite?
For the activist, there’s Feminist Ryan Gosling. For the graphic designer, there’s Typographer Ryan Gosling. For music buffs, there’s Ryan Gosling at FunFunFunFest. In November, Public History Ryan Gosling swept historians off their feet.
There’s something about this chiseled actor that makes him the perfect everyman for pinning all our fantasies on, no matter how specific. It’s appealing—and a little bit funny—to believe that there’s a handsome man out there just dying to geek out with us over our favorite hobby. Thus, the term Gosblr, coined by Daily Dot founding editor Owen Thomas to denote yet another Ryan Gosling Tumblr.
This week, Gosling’s romantic gaze is paired with musings about theorems for Biostatistics Ryan Gosling !!!, complete with three exclamation points. In what reads like gibberish to the uninformed—but dirty talk to Bio majors—Gosling appears to ask the viewer about his or her p-value.
“Please feel free to suggest ideas for Biostatistics Ryan Gosling !!! posts,” the blog’s anonymous author writes.
However, there is no way to do that: There’s neither an Ask or Submit page. Nor is there a contact email. We get it: sometimes we get distracted by Gosling’s dreamy gaze, too.
Launched on December 2, the blog has experienced a surge of traffic today from Boing Boing science writer, Maggie Koerth-Baker. With 17 posts, or about 4 a day, the blog’s author doesn’t seem to be running out of sciency witicisms.
Biostatistics Ryan Gosling might be the most specific Gosling fantasy yet. That is, until we create our own fantasy Tumblr: Daily Dot Reader Ryan Gosling.
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.