- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss 5 Years Ago
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
The newest ‘Orange Is the New Black’ inmate is about to break the Internet
Australian model Ruby Rose is reportedly joining the cast for season 3.
There’s a new inmate headed for Orange Is the New Black, and she’s got an accent.
Ruby Rose, a 28-year-old out Australian model, revealed her new gig for season 3 in Elle Magazine. Netflix confirmed the casting to BuzzFeed, and the Internet is already celebrating. Rose will reportedly play Stella Carlin, an object of lust for both Piper and Alex, according to Elle. Before she checks in at Litchfield, here are five things to know about the Australian stunner.
5) She’s a model
Rose entered the modeling business thanks to a 2002 modeling competition run by Australian teen girl magazine Girlfriends. She came in second to fellow model Catherine McNeil, with whom she had a longstanding on-again, off-again relationship, including stint where they were engaged, according to reports.
4) She identifies as gay
If the above didn’t clue you in, Rose identifies as gay and came out at age 12. In addition, she identifies as gender fluid, and in a recent interview said, “I am very gender fluid and feel more like I wake up every day sort of gender neutral.”
3) She’s engaged to Roald Dahl’s granddaughter
Rose is currently engaged to marry Phoebe Dahl, granddaughter of Roald Dahl. Rose announced the engagement on Instagram last year, and wears a vial of Dahl’s blood around her neck.
2) She’s an MTV VJ
Aside from modeling, Rose is also a former MTV VJ in Australia, as well as a DJ. She’s also designed a boutique clothing line and has acted before, in 2013’s Around the Block alongside Christina Ricci and Jack Thompson.
1) She made this incredible short
If you want to know definitively why everyone is so excited about Rose joining the cast, look no further than Break Free, Rose’s provocative short film where she transforms from a highly femme presentation to a tattooed and butch one.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.