- YouTuber allegedly filmed himself abusing and killing his cat Sunday 5:49 PM
- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Sunday 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Sunday 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Sunday 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Sunday 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Sunday 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Sunday 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
The drug charge, which would be a felony, resulted after a flight McGowan took into Washington, D.C. on Jan. 20 where she was in attendance for the Women’s March. According to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department spokesperson Rob Yingling, the police department found “traces of a substance that was later identified as a narcotic” after McGowan left an item behind.
“Her personal belongings that were left behind from a flight arriving on Jan. 20 tested positive for narcotics,” Yingling told Deadline. “Our police have attempted to contact Ms. McGowan so that she can appear in a Loudoun County Virginia court to respond to the charge.”
The warrant for McGowan’s arrest, which has been entered into a national database, was first issued on Feb. 1, though the public is only learning about it now.
McGowan responded to news of the warrant and asked if police were trying to silence her. She later commented “FACT” to a tweet suggesting the reason that arrest warrant came out now was because McGowan refused to take hush money from Harvey Weinstein for her silence ahead of the first waves of allegations against him. McGowan alleges that Weinstein raped her in 1997.
Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of HORSESHIT.— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 30, 2017
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.