- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 5 Years Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 5 Years Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
In just 5 minutes, this artist brings Robin Williams to life
It’s so realistic, you’ll think it’s a photo.
Artist Heather Rooney has been showcasing her collection of photorealistic drawings on her YouTube page, where she currently has more than 400,000 subscribers. Her videos are shot in hyperlapse speed, so you can follow her process.
She recently posted her tribute drawing of the late Robin Williams, using a prismacolor colored pencil. In just under five minutes, his face comes alive in striking color, and the detail is stunning.
Screengrab via Heather Rooney/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.