- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Jimmy Fallon and Ricky Gervais are terrible at this word game
In this game of words, nobody wins.
There’s really no way to throw “gerbils” or “spandex” casually into a conversation, but dammit if Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Fallon won’t try their hardest anyway.
The two played a game of “Word Sneak” on The Tonight Show, in which they each had to insert five random words into the conversation so that they wouldn’t be able to tell what words the other had. Naturally, the words could hardly be thrown into discussions in which they were relevant.
It’s a conversation that goes nowhere, and the duo fail spectacularly at hiding their words from each other—something that tends to happen when Fallon tries to hide something—but it’s worth it alone for that discussion on Richard Gere, gerbils, and Keanu Reeves.
Photo via The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.