- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote 10 Months Ago
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Today 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Today 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Today 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Today 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Today 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Today 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Today 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Today 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Today 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Today 11:10 AM
- Paul Ryan’s self-serving farewell tour is the bane of the internet right now Today 10:59 AM
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ renewed for seasons 3 and 4 Today 10:59 AM
- Former NASA engineer dupes package thieves into opening this epic glitter bomb Today 10:54 AM
- Trump officials withheld abortion from raped migrant teen Today 10:21 AM
TMZ reported Friday that rapper Rick Ross had been hooked up to “a form of life support” after being found responsive.
According to the report, Ross, 42, was found in his Florida home by emergency responders and taken to a Miami hospital where he was treated for respiratory issues. TMZ’s report indicates Ross could have had a heart attack because he was being treated in the cardiac unit.
Police responded to a 911 call for a “person in distress” that was taken seriously because Ross has a history of seizures, according to the Blast.
Ross was being treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a form of life support in which blood is oxygenated outside of the body, TMZ reported.
Fellow rappers including Lil Wayne, Travis Scott, Missy Elliott, and Gucci Mane tweeted well wishes for Ross.
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 for Ross. My brother. 💪🏾
— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) March 2, 2018
Prayers up to the biggest boss in the game rozay !!! We love u bro. Hold strong.
— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) March 2, 2018
I BELIEVE in the Power of Prayer Sending Prayers up for Rick Ross🙏🏾
— Missy Elliott (@MissyElliott) March 2, 2018
Everyone pray for my buddy @RickRoss to get well soon!
— Gucci Mane (@gucci1017) March 3, 2018
Hip-hop artist Fat Trel contradicted TMZ’s report in an Instagram post, saying Ross is “not on ‘life support.'”
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.