- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam 2 Years Ago
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 2 Years Ago
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men 2 Years Ago
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all 2 Years Ago
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 Today 11:52 AM
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses Today 11:45 AM
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people Today 11:39 AM
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it Today 11:38 AM
- Everything you need to know about Juul batteries Today 11:26 AM
- Trump is trying to use Beto as a scapegoat for inaction on gun control Today 11:18 AM
- Instagram influencer says her account was banned over ‘sexual’ pregnancy photo Today 10:23 AM
- YouTube time traveler emotionally describes floating cities in the year 2300 Today 10:15 AM
- Trump’s former campaign manager admits to lying to the media—gets CNN appearance Today 10:15 AM
TMZ reported Friday that rapper Rick Ross had been hooked up to “a form of life support” after being found responsive.
According to the report, Ross, 42, was found in his Florida home by emergency responders and taken to a Miami hospital where he was treated for respiratory issues. TMZ’s report indicates Ross could have had a heart attack because he was being treated in the cardiac unit.
Police responded to a 911 call for a “person in distress” that was taken seriously because Ross has a history of seizures, according to the Blast.
Ross was being treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a form of life support in which blood is oxygenated outside of the body, TMZ reported.
Fellow rappers including Lil Wayne, Travis Scott, Missy Elliott, and Gucci Mane tweeted well wishes for Ross.
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 for Ross. My brother. 💪🏾— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) March 2, 2018
Prayers up to the biggest boss in the game rozay !!! We love u bro. Hold strong.— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) March 2, 2018
I BELIEVE in the Power of Prayer Sending Prayers up for Rick Ross🙏🏾— Missy Elliott (@MissyElliott) March 2, 2018
Everyone pray for my buddy @RickRoss to get well soon!— Gucci Mane (@gucci1017) March 3, 2018
Hip-hop artist Fat Trel contradicted TMZ’s report in an Instagram post, saying Ross is “not on ‘life support.'”
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.