- Seed University might actually be the first good influencer school Tuesday 9:35 PM
- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
TMZ reported Friday that rapper Rick Ross had been hooked up to “a form of life support” after being found responsive.
According to the report, Ross, 42, was found in his Florida home by emergency responders and taken to a Miami hospital where he was treated for respiratory issues. TMZ’s report indicates Ross could have had a heart attack because he was being treated in the cardiac unit.
Police responded to a 911 call for a “person in distress” that was taken seriously because Ross has a history of seizures, according to the Blast.
Ross was being treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a form of life support in which blood is oxygenated outside of the body, TMZ reported.
Fellow rappers including Lil Wayne, Travis Scott, Missy Elliott, and Gucci Mane tweeted well wishes for Ross.
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 for Ross. My brother. 💪🏾— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) March 2, 2018
Prayers up to the biggest boss in the game rozay !!! We love u bro. Hold strong.— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) March 2, 2018
I BELIEVE in the Power of Prayer Sending Prayers up for Rick Ross🙏🏾— Missy Elliott (@MissyElliott) March 2, 2018
Everyone pray for my buddy @RickRoss to get well soon!— Gucci Mane (@gucci1017) March 3, 2018
Hip-hop artist Fat Trel contradicted TMZ’s report in an Instagram post, saying Ross is “not on ‘life support.'”
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.