- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
- Krassensteins return to Twitter and are immediately suspended Monday 1:01 PM
- Tom Brady insists he didn’t parody Robert Kraft in ‘Living with Yourself’ cameo Monday 12:52 PM
How to reach photographic excellence through Reddit in 7 easy steps
Follow these subreddits on the social news site for tips, tricks, and brutally honest feedback.
Do you like photography? Do you consider it a hobby? Congratulations. So does everyone else who just got a new smartphone.
The only way to make people care about your photo hobby, however, is to become great at it—and not just with Instagram filters, either. There are some proven ways to do so. You can take classes, buy books, or get a tutor. But here at the Daily Dot, we don’t promote the idea of doing anything offline, and it turns out that social news site Reddit has a plethora of photography resources.
Here’s our handy guide to reaching photographic excellence through Reddit without ever leaving the comfort of your swivel chair.
Dig a little deeper, and you’ll find inspiring gems every day.
Overwhelming visual stimulation. You can also go direct to here to see all the SFW porn subreddits at once.
A hub for all things photographic and a great place for general discussion.
Talk specific techniques.
Ask photographers anything.
Post your pic for practice.
Lighten up and have fun out there.
If these guys say your photo’s flawless, it may be time to go pro.
A variation of this post was originally published at r/weeklyreddit.
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.