- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
The ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ shed mystery is solved, thanks to Reddit
Rockstar spent five years and $265 million producing the game, but a small shed was what piqued Reddit’s curiosity.
When Rockstar Games released a video showcasing some gameplay from Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) this summer, gamers collectively gasped at all the features packed into this vast, open world. Yet while Rockstar spent five years and $265 million producing the game, it was a small shed placed atop the world’s tallest mountain that piqued Reddit’s curiosity.
The shed can be seen at 0:27 mark in the video. It’s also on the upper left of the following image:
Some of the most popular theories surrounding the shed were that it was a safe house or a place to parasail from.
But as it turns out, back in July, a redditor accurately predicted what it really is: an aerial tram stop.
“Wow,” littlesteviebrule commented. “I can’t believe how many people were making fun of him. He was dead on and no one took him seriously. How can you not tell what he is circling? It looked pretty obvious to me.”
The leaks continued Thursday after some gamers posted videos of real gameplay on Instagram and Vine.
GTA V will be released Tuesday.
Photo via Reddit
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.