- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry 6 Years Ago
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet Friday 3:31 PM
The ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ shed mystery is solved, thanks to Reddit
Rockstar spent five years and $265 million producing the game, but a small shed was what piqued Reddit’s curiosity.
When Rockstar Games released a video showcasing some gameplay from Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) this summer, gamers collectively gasped at all the features packed into this vast, open world. Yet while Rockstar spent five years and $265 million producing the game, it was a small shed placed atop the world’s tallest mountain that piqued Reddit’s curiosity.
The shed can be seen at 0:27 mark in the video. It’s also on the upper left of the following image:
Some of the most popular theories surrounding the shed were that it was a safe house or a place to parasail from.
But as it turns out, back in July, a redditor accurately predicted what it really is: an aerial tram stop.
“Wow,” littlesteviebrule commented. “I can’t believe how many people were making fun of him. He was dead on and no one took him seriously. How can you not tell what he is circling? It looked pretty obvious to me.”
The leaks continued Thursday after some gamers posted videos of real gameplay on Instagram and Vine.
GTA V will be released Tuesday.
Photo via Reddit
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.