- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Today 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Today 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Today 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Today 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Today 12:01 PM
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for (updated) Today 11:55 AM
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr features top Tumblrs, Gosblrs, and feminist Chad Kroeger
It was a slow week on Tumblr but not for us. Enjoy some new additions to the Tumblr-sphere.
In this New Years Eve Eve edition of Reblog, not a whole lot happened, thanks to the lack of memes going viral this week. But we can try to power through, regardless. We found that someone still cares about Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, we named our 10 most important people on Tumblr and no lack of memes was going to stop us from updating Gosblr.
So enjoy this Prosecco-infused edition of Reblog, our take on the week that was on Tumblr during the world’s longest Sunday. It’s good for your liver!
Let’s start with the ugly. Someone thought mentioning Nickelback’s Chad Kroger was funny and created a new Tumblr called Feminist Chad Kroeger. It is not. He and his band are awful and we shouldn’t be associating him with Ryan Gosling. You stop that, Internet.
Also this week, the Daily Dot’s Fernando Alfonso named our 10 most influential most important people on Tumblr in 2011. Reuters’ Anthony De Rosa, 19-year-old fashionista Yana and the creators of We are the 99 Percent all earned a place on our annual list. Congratulations! How does it feel to be important?
And on our Gosblr, your one stop shop for latest in Ryan Gosling Tumblrs, we added a sweet smelling Hey Girl. We Smell Great Together, Programmer Ryan Gosling who is allowed to edit our HTML and Gazing with Gosling, which scared us at first but is mildly entertaining.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.