- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Monday 1:29 PM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr, visual mathematics
From FluffPo to HuffNo, the Daily Dot reblogs the week on Tumblr.
On Tumblr this week, we learned that cheese plus celebrities equals Cheese People. Slap Teenage Mutant Ninja faces on noses, and you get the aptly named Teenage Mutant Ninja Noses. And, someone finally solved the literature plus rappers equation.
In this edition of Reblog, the Daily Dot’s weekly take on Tumblr, we explore the world’s most Venn diagram-friendly blogging platform, where the union of any two improbably conjoined subjects wins instant fans.
Rap Industry Fan Fiction: Rappers enjoy the same first-world problems as we all do. “There’s something endearing to read about rappers that feel vulnerable,” the creators told the Daily Dot. “…and I mean vulnerable in a stupid, relatable way, like saying ‘duvet’ instead of ‘bidet.”
Speaking of first-world problems, FluffPo floated on to our radar. The Tumblr calls out everything that is truly awful about the Huffington Post, including the superfluous slideshows. How many times can we look at nipple slips, America?
We wonder if FluffPo has met HuffNo. Someone should mash those two up. FluffHuffNoPo sounds like a trendy neighborhood.
Not all news organizations make us want to abandon journalism, though! Newsweek launched The Pork Barrel, a slick, interactive Tumblr showcasing documents from politicians wrongly mixing money and politics.
On a lighter note, two things that are always adorable, puppies and Ryan Gosling, were pitted against each other this week on “Is Ryan Gosling Cuter Than a Puppy?” The answer is surprisingly difficult!
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.