- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Reblog: Comic fonts, Gosblrs, and Steve Gobs
This week on Tumblr we have odes to our favorite font to hate, and much more, including new Gosblr!
While it was Facebook’s week to shine with its slick new Timeline redesign, your other favorite time waster, Tumblr, had a decent week too! So grab your mid-afternoon Diet Coke and kick back with Reblog, our weekly take on Tumblr.
Earlier this week, we found that there are, in fact, Comic Sans font defenders. The unofficial font of church programs and elementary school open house signs has a legion of advocates fighting for its behalf on the “Comic Sans Project.”
The Tumblr re-imagines corporate logos, like NASA and Chanel in a Comic Sans-infused cocktail that churns out one ghastly drink that would cause you to choke and then shove back to the bartender. Of course, this being the Web, you’ll merely shut down your browser in disgust.
We also updated our Gosblr, i.e. the Internet’s definitive source for Ryan Gosling-themed Tumblrs. We found out that RyRy is a law school student who needs helps with his briefs, he loves NPR—like any good Hollywood elite—and he totally supports your roller derby infatuation.
A few other Tumblrs were buzzing through our social media feeds, but aren’t necessarily new. There’s the Cosby Sweater Project, which lovingly mocks the awful sweaters worn by Bill Cosby. (Perhaps this is giving people ideas for Christmas sweaters.) A friend also sent us Steve Gobs, a mash-up between Apple cofounder Steve Jobs and everyone’s favorite character on Arrested Development, Gob Bluth. Gob’s head is placed on Steve’s body and makes the world’s greatest egomaniac.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.