- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
This week on Tumblr we have odes to our favorite font to hate, and much more, including new Gosblr!
While it was Facebook’s week to shine with its slick new Timeline redesign, your other favorite time waster, Tumblr, had a decent week too! So grab your mid-afternoon Diet Coke and kick back with Reblog, our weekly take on Tumblr.
Earlier this week, we found that there are, in fact, Comic Sans font defenders. The unofficial font of church programs and elementary school open house signs has a legion of advocates fighting for its behalf on the “Comic Sans Project.”
The Tumblr re-imagines corporate logos, like NASA and Chanel in a Comic Sans-infused cocktail that churns out one ghastly drink that would cause you to choke and then shove back to the bartender. Of course, this being the Web, you’ll merely shut down your browser in disgust.
We also updated our Gosblr, i.e. the Internet’s definitive source for Ryan Gosling-themed Tumblrs. We found out that RyRy is a law school student who needs helps with his briefs, he loves NPR—like any good Hollywood elite—and he totally supports your roller derby infatuation.
A few other Tumblrs were buzzing through our social media feeds, but aren’t necessarily new. There’s the Cosby Sweater Project, which lovingly mocks the awful sweaters worn by Bill Cosby. (Perhaps this is giving people ideas for Christmas sweaters.) A friend also sent us Steve Gobs, a mash-up between Apple cofounder Steve Jobs and everyone’s favorite character on Arrested Development, Gob Bluth. Gob’s head is placed on Steve’s body and makes the world’s greatest egomaniac.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.