- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Monday 2:04 PM
Reblog: Comic fonts, Gosblrs, and Steve Gobs
This week on Tumblr we have odes to our favorite font to hate, and much more, including new Gosblr!
While it was Facebook’s week to shine with its slick new Timeline redesign, your other favorite time waster, Tumblr, had a decent week too! So grab your mid-afternoon Diet Coke and kick back with Reblog, our weekly take on Tumblr.
Earlier this week, we found that there are, in fact, Comic Sans font defenders. The unofficial font of church programs and elementary school open house signs has a legion of advocates fighting for its behalf on the “Comic Sans Project.”
The Tumblr re-imagines corporate logos, like NASA and Chanel in a Comic Sans-infused cocktail that churns out one ghastly drink that would cause you to choke and then shove back to the bartender. Of course, this being the Web, you’ll merely shut down your browser in disgust.
We also updated our Gosblr, i.e. the Internet’s definitive source for Ryan Gosling-themed Tumblrs. We found out that RyRy is a law school student who needs helps with his briefs, he loves NPR—like any good Hollywood elite—and he totally supports your roller derby infatuation.
A few other Tumblrs were buzzing through our social media feeds, but aren’t necessarily new. There’s the Cosby Sweater Project, which lovingly mocks the awful sweaters worn by Bill Cosby. (Perhaps this is giving people ideas for Christmas sweaters.) A friend also sent us Steve Gobs, a mash-up between Apple cofounder Steve Jobs and everyone’s favorite character on Arrested Development, Gob Bluth. Gob’s head is placed on Steve’s body and makes the world’s greatest egomaniac.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.