- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds 5 Years Ago
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked 5 Years Ago
- ‘Home for Christmas’ brings a needed sharp edge to Christmas rom-com season 5 Years Ago
- Joe Biden seemingly called a voter ‘fat’—but his campaign denies it Today 9:30 AM
- The decade in internet scamming Today 9:00 AM
- Bernie Sanders unveils ‘high-speed internet for all’ plan Today 8:59 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
Totally normal and completely typical British couple the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has already met some prestigious figures during its three-day visit to the U.S. Prince William convened with President Obama on Monday to discuss illegal wildlife trading, while Kate stayed in New York to meet with the city’s First Lady Chirlane McCray about childhood development.
But not even dynamic political powerhouses like those can come close to topping America’s royalty, Beyoncé and Jay Z. The British royals swapped England’s royal court for America’s as they sat courtside Monday night, watching the Brooklyn Nets square off against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Between demonstrators decrying the death of Eric Geller outside Barclays Center and LeBron sporting an “I can’t breathe” t-shirt on the court, the evening was a mix of somber and celebratory. However, nothing could detract from the main event as the British couple was granted a brief audience with the Queen B and Hova during one of the game’s timeouts.
Kate and William meet Jay and Beyonce! – Kim Kardashian must be livid! pic.twitter.com/NI7SE4qycs
— Naughty Gossip (@NaughtyNiceRob) December 9, 2014
It’s unclear if the royals exchange ideas about an arranged marriage between Blue Ivy and Prince George, but for the sake of alliances, we hope so.
Photo via tsaiproject/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.