- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
Totally normal and completely typical British couple the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has already met some prestigious figures during its three-day visit to the U.S. Prince William convened with President Obama on Monday to discuss illegal wildlife trading, while Kate stayed in New York to meet with the city’s First Lady Chirlane McCray about childhood development.
But not even dynamic political powerhouses like those can come close to topping America’s royalty, Beyoncé and Jay Z. The British royals swapped England’s royal court for America’s as they sat courtside Monday night, watching the Brooklyn Nets square off against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Between demonstrators decrying the death of Eric Geller outside Barclays Center and LeBron sporting an “I can’t breathe” t-shirt on the court, the evening was a mix of somber and celebratory. However, nothing could detract from the main event as the British couple was granted a brief audience with the Queen B and Hova during one of the game’s timeouts.
Kate and William meet Jay and Beyonce! – Kim Kardashian must be livid! pic.twitter.com/NI7SE4qycs
— Naughty Gossip (@NaughtyNiceRob) December 9, 2014
It’s unclear if the royals exchange ideas about an arranged marriage between Blue Ivy and Prince George, but for the sake of alliances, we hope so.
Photo via tsaiproject/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.