- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her 7 Years Ago
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Today 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
Michael Jackson’s son, Prince, defends his grandmother on Twitter
Prince and his two siblings were recently removed from their grandmother’s custody, and he’s using his popular Twitter account to set the record straight about the confusing situation.
Prince Jackson, the son of the late pop icon Michael Jackson, is tired of all the family drama and he wants all of Twitter to know.
Early Thursday morning Jackson took to the microblog to defend his grandmother Katherine Jackson, 82, who was recently reported missing. Although she was eventually found in Arizona, she lost her guardianship of Jackson and his siblings.
“As long as I can remember my dad had repeatedly warned me of certain people and their ways. Although I am happy my grandma was returned, after speaking with her I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to,” Jackson tweeted. “I’m really angry and hurt.”
Jackson followed up that message with a photo of an alleged text message conversation from Monday with his aunt, Janet Jackson, and other family members. In the messages, Prince says he and his siblings demand to see their grandmother.Janet responds, “Don’t let them pls.”
Over the last two weeks the Jackson family has been in a state of upheaval after Michael’s children—Paris Michael, Michael Joseph Jr. (known as Prince) and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket)—were removed from Katherine’s care while she was reportedly vacationing in Arizona, ABC News reported. On Wednesday a judge removed Katherine’s guardianship of the children and named TJ Jackson, another grandson, temporary guardian.
Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson’s 14-year-old daughter, has also been steadfast in her support of her grandmother on Twitter, where she has more than 665,000 followers.
Katherine Jackson released the following statement to ABC today regarding her absence and the loss of her guardianship.
“I am here today to let everybody know that I am fine and I am here with my children, and my children would never do a thing to me like that, holding me against my will. It’s very stupid for people to think that,” said the statement. “But anyway, I am devastated that while I’ve been away, that my children, my grandchildren, have been taken away from me, and I’m coming home to see about that, also.”
Photo by Sean MacEntee
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.