- Elon Musk seriously just hosted PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Friday 10:16 AM
You’ll never hear NSYNC the same after this surf-rock cover of ‘Bye Bye Bye’
We never want to say ‘Bye Bye Bye’ to PMJ.
Paying homage to NSYNC is all the rage this week.
First, pop-punk bank Fall Out Boy filmed a continuation of the band’s iconic “It’s Gonna Be Me” video, and now YouTube darlings Postmodern Jukebox have taken on juggernaut “Bye Bye Bye” as a ’60s surf rock cover.
The track features Tara Louise on vocals in her debut PMJ performance. The group found her during a talent search it conducted via social media.
To help her in her first PMJ outing, the band also brought back some veteran talent. That’s right, our favorite tambourine guy, Tim Kubart—now a Grammy nominee for his kids music album—makes a boisterous appearance. He even brings in some new, NSYNC-inspired choreography and gets the rest of the band in on it.
If you’re hoping to catch a live version of this surf rock cover, Postmodern Jukebox are hitting the U.K. and Europe next on an international tour.
Screengrab via Postmodern Jukebox/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.