- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
YouTube‘s most subscribed-to personality is about to get his own network.
Disney‘s Maker Studios announced Wednesday that it’s partnered with Felix Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie, to back a network filled with programming that the YouTube star will get to run himself.
It’s called Revelmode, and the plan is to develop “original shows, games, charitable programs, community events, merchandise and more” with a focus on gaming and pop culture.
The YouTubers who have been announced as Revelmode collaborators are all (obviously) less high-profile than PewDiePie, but they reportedly have more than 100 million followers across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. According to AdWeek, they include:
- CinnamonToastKen (Ken Morrison) – Indie and horror gamer known for cameos in PewDiePie content.
- CutiePieMarzia (Marzia Bisognin) – Italian fashion and beauty expert and video game aficionado.
- Dodger (Brooke Lawson) – Upbeat gamer known for her weekly nerd culture news shows and wide range of game content.
- EmmaBlackery (Emma Blackery) – Quirky British vlogger, singer, comedian, and gamer.
- JackSepticEye (Sean McLoughlin) – Video game commentator known for his comedic “let’s play” and vlog content.
- Jelly (Jelle van Vucht) – YouTuber known for his comedic vlogs and video game commentary.
- Kwebbelkop (Jordi van den Bussche) – Comedy and gamer extraordinaire based in the Netherlands.
- Markiplier (Mark Fischbach) – Actor, comedian, video game commentator, and philanthropist, specializing in “let’s play” content, most commonly survival horror and action games.
Maker Studios has previously partnered with high-profile people to develop series—James Franco has four new webseries in the works with them—but this is the studio’s first foray into allowing someone to build an entire network for them.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.