- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
There’s a new Patrice Wilson video about cupcakes, and it’s kind of dark
Is Wilson attempting to be more wholesome?
It’s been pretty quiet on the Patrice Wilson front since the release of Alison Gold’s questionable video for “Shush Up.” Many people thought Wilson, known for producing purposely over-the-top videos that scream for hate-clicks, went too far with Gold’s video.
Perhaps Wilson knew this, because his latest pet project is Gina Naomi Baez’s “Cupcakes,” which costars Tinkerbelle the dog, and is all about cupcakes and summer and, well, it’s always hard to tell with a Patrice Wilson video. The chorus is basically, “Gimme one of those cupcakes,” and the video does nothing to address the epidemic of childhood obesity, though Baez does take a personal stand on body image.
As per usual, Wilson makes a cameo so he can rap a verse about cupcakes, explaining, “When I want to cry, I eat more cupcakes.” This video got real dark real quick.
H/T Uproxx | Screengrab via patomuzic/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.