- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Today 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Today 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Today 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Today 11:06 AM
- Russian models are Instagramming life in Wuhan Today 11:00 AM
- Hillary Duff suggests ‘Lizzie McGuire’ revival was halted over adult storylines Today 10:37 AM
- Arrest warrant issued for 8chan founder Today 10:22 AM
- This YouTube time traveler says he’s a cyborg from 2050—and he wants you to buy merch Today 10:11 AM
- Women on Twitter are slaying the ‘Bad b*tch for a week’ challenge Today 9:30 AM
- Reddit’s CEO issues a dire warning about TikTok Today 9:03 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 6 recap: ‘The Impossible Box’ Today 8:00 AM
- Faculty from over 100 schools join call for facial recognition ban Today 7:48 AM
- Ava DuVernay is making a sci-fi series for Amazon Today 6:50 AM
- Review: ‘Altered Carbon’ returns with an overcomplicated second season Today 6:00 AM
- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
Overly Attached Girlfriend returns with creepy “Call Me Maybe” cover
YouTuber wzr071 latches on to Carly Rae Jepsen’s hit single, and she won’t let go.
YouTuber wzr0713, better known around the Web as Overly Attached Girlfriend, isn’t ready to let go just yet. She’s back with a new video that’s just as creepy as her cover of Justin Bieber’s “Girlfriend.”
The video is similar to her viral hit in that it features the doe-eyed girl staring intently into the camera (and your soul) as she sings a rendition of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
So far the video has collected more than 1.8 million views since it was posted Monday.
Overly Attached Girlfriend became Internet famous on June 7, after her hilariously unsettling fan video for Bieber’s “Girlfriend” spawned hundreds of memes. The video was submitted on YouTube for a contest to be featured in a commercial for Bieber’s new perfume, aptly titled “Girlfriend,” due out on June 21, the New York Times reported. The contest is part of a $20 million social-marketing campaign harnessing Bieber’s influence on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
On social news site Reddit, the new video creeped out (and enamored) more than 3,000 people, inspired one redditor to find out exactly how many times she blinks, and got novelty account shitty_watercolour to paint her portrait.
“The comments are creepier than the video… Kudos, Reddit,” kenz101 noted.
The Daily Dot has reached out to Overly Attached girlfriend for a comment. We’re not sure we want to hear back.
Photo via YouTube
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.