- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free 7 Years Ago
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free 7 Years Ago
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free 7 Years Ago
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
Overly Attached Girlfriend returns with creepy “Call Me Maybe” cover
YouTuber wzr071 latches on to Carly Rae Jepsen’s hit single, and she won’t let go.
YouTuber wzr0713, better known around the Web as Overly Attached Girlfriend, isn’t ready to let go just yet. She’s back with a new video that’s just as creepy as her cover of Justin Bieber’s “Girlfriend.”
The video is similar to her viral hit in that it features the doe-eyed girl staring intently into the camera (and your soul) as she sings a rendition of Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
So far the video has collected more than 1.8 million views since it was posted Monday.
Overly Attached Girlfriend became Internet famous on June 7, after her hilariously unsettling fan video for Bieber’s “Girlfriend” spawned hundreds of memes. The video was submitted on YouTube for a contest to be featured in a commercial for Bieber’s new perfume, aptly titled “Girlfriend,” due out on June 21, the New York Times reported. The contest is part of a $20 million social-marketing campaign harnessing Bieber’s influence on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
On social news site Reddit, the new video creeped out (and enamored) more than 3,000 people, inspired one redditor to find out exactly how many times she blinks, and got novelty account shitty_watercolour to paint her portrait.
“The comments are creepier than the video… Kudos, Reddit,” kenz101 noted.
The Daily Dot has reached out to Overly Attached girlfriend for a comment. We’re not sure we want to hear back.
Photo via YouTube
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.