- How to watch ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey’ online free 4 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch appearance isn’t a gimmick—it’s a strategy Today 4:00 AM
- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
Promising new fanfiction webseries features Broadway stars, hobbit erotica
A bond made over erotic hobbit fan fiction is one that can never be broken.
As much as your OTP may feel out of the blue, in the new webseries OTP: One True Pairing, the duo of unlikely friends seems even more far-fetched to the people in their lives.
Laura Jordan, who created the series, stars as Sheila, a single mom fresh from a divorce, who takes in Jeremy, a 19-year-old who’s looking to break free of his previous child-star life and strike out on his own. While they might seem like an unconventional duo, the pair bond over fandom, and specifically writing erotic fan fiction. Through their connection they help each other “at a crossroads in rebuilding their lives,” according to the series press release.
The series debuts April 15, and features various Broadway alums including Jonathan Groff, Jennifer Cody, and Hunter Foster. The combination of Internet fan favorites and pinging on familiar fandom “feels” might just be the sweet spot OTP: One True Pairing needs to make it big.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.