- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Tuesday 10:36 AM
Warner Bros. released the first Ocean’s 8 trailer teaser for the upcoming spinoff film on Monday, and announced the full trailer will arrive on Tuesday.
The all-female movie will focus on Debbie Ocean—Danny Ocean’s sister—as she is released from prison and plans to pull off a heist at the Met Gala. Debbie will be portrayed by Sandra Bullock and will act alongside Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, and Richard Armitage.
— Oceans8Movie (@oceans8movie) December 18, 2017
The trailer hasn’t even fully been released and yet men on Twitter are already upset about the promise of a female-driven cast.
oceans 8 giving us lots of male tears, this is gonna be fun ladies! pic.twitter.com/J4gR2u70tb
— gabe kiddo ⚔️ (@gvnegirl) December 14, 2017
This is something we do not fucking need.
— scurveyx (@39523ad0806b492) December 18, 2017
Women and the LGBTQ community, on the other hand, are delighted to see the new spin on the saga.
— Michael78 (@DCateBlanchett) December 9, 2017
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) December 14, 2017
repet after me people
oceans 8 is a spinoff, NOT a remake
so men, please keep your fragile masculinity that cant handle seeing an all-female films on screen to yourselves, these are really talented actresses, if you don’t like it don’t fucking watch it
— gabe kiddo ⚔️ (@gvnegirl) December 9, 2017
friendly reminder that we're gonna be witnessing all these legendary ladies together in Oceans 8 releasing in june 2018 https://t.co/jYugo9gvTc
— FREDDY (@FreddyAmazin) December 8, 2017
*man talking shit about oceans 8 because its an all-female reboot*
— gabe kiddo ⚔️ (@gvnegirl) December 7, 2017
Ocean’s 8 will be the latest film directed by Gary Ross, who directed The Hunger Games and Pleasantville.
The film opens in theaters on June 8.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.