- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature 2 Years Ago
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you 2 Years Ago
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
- Students across the world are walking out to protest inaction on climate change Today 11:08 AM
- YouTubers are exploiting Area 51 mania for content Today 10:29 AM
- Veterans confront Dan Crenshaw over his support for Trump Today 10:29 AM
- Google Maps may soon come with an Incognito Mode Today 10:13 AM
- Right-wing Beto O’Rourke ‘pissy pants’ meme actually features indie rock star Today 10:11 AM
Warner Bros. released the first Ocean’s 8 trailer teaser for the upcoming spinoff film on Monday, and announced the full trailer will arrive on Tuesday.
The all-female movie will focus on Debbie Ocean—Danny Ocean’s sister—as she is released from prison and plans to pull off a heist at the Met Gala. Debbie will be portrayed by Sandra Bullock and will act alongside Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, and Richard Armitage.
The trailer hasn’t even fully been released and yet men on Twitter are already upset about the promise of a female-driven cast.
oceans 8 giving us lots of male tears, this is gonna be fun ladies! pic.twitter.com/J4gR2u70tb— gabe kiddo ⚔️ (@gvnegirl) December 14, 2017
This is something we do not fucking need.— scurveyx (@39523ad0806b492) December 18, 2017
Women and the LGBTQ community, on the other hand, are delighted to see the new spin on the saga.
repet after me people— gabe kiddo ⚔️ (@gvnegirl) December 9, 2017
oceans 8 is a spinoff, NOT a remake
so men, please keep your fragile masculinity that cant handle seeing an all-female films on screen to yourselves, these are really talented actresses, if you don’t like it don’t fucking watch it
friendly reminder that we're gonna be witnessing all these legendary ladies together in Oceans 8 releasing in june 2018 https://t.co/jYugo9gvTc— FREDDY (@FreddyAmazin) December 8, 2017
*man talking shit about oceans 8 because its an all-female reboot*— gabe kiddo ⚔️ (@gvnegirl) December 7, 2017
Ocean’s 8 will be the latest film directed by Gary Ross, who directed The Hunger Games and Pleasantville.
The film opens in theaters on June 8.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.