- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
Chance the Rapper and Kanye West curate Obama’s new ‘Hometown’ playlist
Photo via Steve Jurvetson/Flickr (CC-BY)
The “Hometown” playlist features hand-picked favorites from guest curators and Chicago-based artists like Chance the Rapper, Mavis Staples, Jennifer Hudson, and Dan Aykroyd.
“We asked you to share songs that remind you of home and inspire you to be involved in your communities,”a post about the playlist on the Obama Foundation’s website reads. “From India to Indiana, you delivered. Our first batch features Chicago, but over the next few weeks, we’ll add more and more songs that remind you of your hometown.”
Songs vary from Sinatra’s “Chicago” to Kanye’s “Homecoming.”
The former president released his first summer playlists on Spotify back in 2015, one for the daytime, and one for the evening. These featured classics like Nina Simone and Bob Dylan along with more contemporary celebrated stars like John Legend and Florence + the Machine. He also released a workout playlist which featured pump-up artists like Beyoncé, Drake, and Jay Z.
Whether in or out of office, Obama sure knows how to get his groove on. Listen to the playlist on Spotify here.
H/T A.V. Club
Anastassia Gliadkovskaya is a lifestyle and politics reporter. Her work has been published by Empire State Tribune and Urban Watch magazine.