- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online 4 Years Ago
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 4 Years Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 4 Years Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 4 Years Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel is in the works from Warner Bros. Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
Mulder, Scully, more spark our deepest paranoia in jolting new ‘X-Files’ trailer
Welcome to your 21st-century nightmare.
At last the trailer for Fox’s revival of The X-Files is here, and it’s time to relive your most delicious ’90s nightmares because it looks like the whole crew is back—and things are weirder than ever.
Mulder, Scully, Skinner, and even a certain Morley-smoking mystery man are all back for the new series, and no one’s aged a day. Mulder looks typically haggard, but we have faith Scully will whip him into shape soon enough—if she can keep the breathlessness out of her voice, that is.
The best part of this trailer is that it feels totally contemporary without ever losing sight of what makes the X-Files great. From the “fire sale” prediction voiced by a member of Anonymous to references to the National Security Agency and government surveillance, to a stalwart military officer with echoes of Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden, this trailer rapidly and easily makes clear that we’re all finally living in Mulder’s reality.
Along with the aliens, of course.
Are we excited for January, or are we terrified? We don’t know, but we’ll be tuned in to find out.
Screengrab via Fox/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.