- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Today 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Today 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Today 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Today 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Today 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Today 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Today 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Today 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Today 10:43 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller Today 10:42 AM
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
Far out, man.
EVERYBODY SHUT UP. The Big Lebowski is on Netflix now???
— james blakely (@james_blakely) April 2, 2015
This is bigger than a new season of House of Cards or Orange Is the New Black could ever hope to be. Fans have watched this movie hundreds of times, and most of them probably own a copy. But is there anything finer than rolling a fat joint, kicking back with your buds, and reliving the eternal saga of the Dude through a premium content platform?
Can we put our differences aside and rejoice that “The Big Lebowski” is now on Netflix?
— Feej Writier (@fijiwriter) April 2, 2015
The Big Lebowski is on Netflix.
— MotrBoatr (@motrboatr) April 2, 2015
A round of White Russians for everyone, The Big Lebowski is finally on Netflix.
— Brian Close (@Getting_Close) April 2, 2015
If I throw out a Big Lebowski quote and it isn’t immediately acknowledged, we can’t be friends.
— Nirnroot (@MsNirnroot) April 2, 2015
aye the big lebowski is on Netflix 😎😎
— evie (@reservoirdoog) April 2, 2015
The Big Lebowski is on Netflix now so no homework will be done tonight
— I Am Damned (@manjacket64) April 2, 2015
Before you hit play, you may want to check out this video and bone up on some hardcore Lebowski trivia. You wouldn’t want to find yourself out of your element, would you?
Photo via InvernoDreaming/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'