- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Netflix just brought back ‘The Big Lebowski’
Far out, man.
EVERYBODY SHUT UP. The Big Lebowski is on Netflix now???
— james blakely (@james_blakely) April 2, 2015
This is bigger than a new season of House of Cards or Orange Is the New Black could ever hope to be. Fans have watched this movie hundreds of times, and most of them probably own a copy. But is there anything finer than rolling a fat joint, kicking back with your buds, and reliving the eternal saga of the Dude through a premium content platform?
Can we put our differences aside and rejoice that “The Big Lebowski” is now on Netflix?
— Feej Writier (@fijiwriter) April 2, 2015
The Big Lebowski is on Netflix.
— MotrBoatr (@motrboatr) April 2, 2015
A round of White Russians for everyone, The Big Lebowski is finally on Netflix.
— Brian Close (@Getting_Close) April 2, 2015
If I throw out a Big Lebowski quote and it isn’t immediately acknowledged, we can’t be friends.
— Nirnroot (@MsNirnroot) April 2, 2015
aye the big lebowski is on Netflix 😎😎
— evie (@reservoirdoog) April 2, 2015
The Big Lebowski is on Netflix now so no homework will be done tonight
— I Am Damned (@manjacket64) April 2, 2015
Before you hit play, you may want to check out this video and bone up on some hardcore Lebowski trivia. You wouldn’t want to find yourself out of your element, would you?
Photo via InvernoDreaming/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'