- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 3 Years Ago
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Today 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
Nash Grier to relaunch YouTube channel with 5-episode scripted comedy
‘I want to tell stories that exploit the truth.’
BY GEOFF WEISS
In a nine-minute-long sketch last month, Nash Grier announced he was relaunching his YouTube channel. “After a lot of soul-searching,” he said in the clip, which alluded to a new creative direction and more polished approach, “I want to tell stories that exploit the truth — that use the highest quality cinematic filmmaking … I want comedy, I want action, I want thrill, I want drama, fantasy, romance — I want a damn silent film. I want it all.”
Now, it looks like the tides are turning. The 18-year-old influencer is set to collaborate with 25-year-old filmmaker Jonah Feingold to create a five-episode scripted series on his channel, debuting in June. Titled Confessions Of A Teenage Cupid, Grier will play a high school student who acquires magical powers on prom night in the vein of cupid — the mythological god of desire. The comedy series will reportedly explore modern dating tropes and notions surrounding first love.
Each of the five-minute episodes will feature guest appearances by Grier’s social influencer friends from YouTube and Vine.
Feingold, a USC grad and alum of Buzzfeed’s Producer Fellowship Program, has created work for CNN’s Great Big Story, Elite Daily, and Refinery29. He is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Grier, who is repped by UTA and Legacy Talent and Entertainment, recently joined the Awesomeness Films feature You Get Me — a thriller about two women competing for the same man. He is also set to headline DigiTour’s first tour in Central and South America, The Wave, which kicks off on May 11.